Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: I've got an idea

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Madrid Express's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    This is something I came up with yesterday.

    What if we all write a script together -a short, easy to make one, one location everyone could have access to, 2 or three actors...- and then everyone makes his own version of it and then we post em all on the internet to see each other's film?

    Every film should be different and unique and it can be interesting -that angle's cool, I did that this way because bla bla bla, hey that boy's good actor...-

    What do you guys think?

    ------------------
    www.shoik.com

    [This message has been edited by Madrid Express (edited September 01, 2001).]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NoahtGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like it.

    Good idea indeed.

    -=Noah the Great=-

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Dirty Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sounds awesome...what are we going to do it as?

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Madrid Express's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Let's see if there's some more people interested and then we'll think about the main plot.

    REPLY!

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Kristofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2001
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That sounds fantastically great!


    ~Kristofer Stokes~

    ------------------
    "Ugggggh"
    -some zombie from NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

  6. #6
    Jeremy
    Guest Jeremy's Avatar

    Talking

    Nice idea and it's made me think: Why are we making short films?

    I'm sure if there was a script then more people would be interested. Need to get some 'rules' down and then people can enter, then we vote for the best. When I say rules I mean like max no. pages/actors and no super-special fx coz not everyone has the means to do them.

    Let's get the script competition started.



    ------------------

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Madrid Express's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually you can start proposing ideas. Anyway I think 3-5 min (3-5 pages of script) should be ok.
    About actors 2 or 3 and as I said everyone should be able to make it so, no FX.
    And maybe we should suggest a couple ideas for the script and start working on them.

    ------------------

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NoahtGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was under the impression that we were all to use the same script and enjoy the massive differences in the way people interpret the exact same material.

    -=Noah the Great=-

    ------------------

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Writing a script by committee is a TERRIBLE idea.

    I tried it once with 4 other people - doesn't work. You just end up with a mish-mash of half-baked ideas that no-one likes and everyone ends up disowning.

    ------------------

  10. #10
    Jeremy
    Guest Jeremy's Avatar

    Post

    Good call. Should we first post possible story outlines/genre or just go straight for a script?


    ------------------
    http://www.geocities.com/futureinfilm -
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •